A selection of videos that CM readers loved most in 2023.
1) M42 bridge demolition time-lapse
A team of 20 demolition specialists from Solihull-based firm Armac Demolition worked around the clock to remove a 4,000-tonne two-span bridge over the M42 to make way for the HS2 railway in the West Midlands.
2) McAlpine’s 1 Broadgate construction progress in two-year time-lapse
Sir Robert McAlpine started the main build contract of 1 Broadgate in the City of London in February 2022 after being awarded the demolition and enabling works contract a year before.
3) Everton Stadium outer roof installation
Steel standing seam sheets were rolled out from a shipping container hoisted at roof height across the 170m section of the north stand at the new Everton Stadium being built by Laing O’Rourke.
4) Big Carl lifts 245-tonne dome at Hinkley Point C
Big Carl, the world’s biggest crane, in December lifted the 245-tonne steel dome onto Hinkley Point C’s first reactor building.
5) Facade retention during demolition of interwar office building
Demolition contractor MGL Group partly demolished 1920s Carliol House, in Newcastle’s city centre, while retaining the building’s Grade II-listed facade.